Making Dreams Come True
This is a very busy, fast paced and cool event space. It’s late nights, weekends, lots of overtime - but maybe the best job you’ve ever had. We plan events as a team and share hugs and high fives when the best day of someone’s life is creatively designed and perfectly executed.
Event Set Up & Tear Down Crew
Part time, mostly weekend late nights, as needed to support events
It is the primary responsibility of the Event Crew to perform event-related set-up and tear down tasks, including on-site handing of décor, loading/unloading and pick-up/deliver, cleaning, pulling and restocking props, rental returns, and light facility cleaning.
- Perform event-related set-up tasks including pulling any necessary items, loading/unloading, and delivery/pick-up and assist in set-up as needed.
- Perform event-related tear down tasks including strike and on-site disassembly of props, florals, linen and decor, loading/unloading, return delivery/pick up, and restocking.
- Ensure that event facility/venue is left in a clean and orderly condition.
- Confirm that all tools and equipment are returned and properly stored after installation/strike.
- Adhere to property and security procedures and policies.
- Properly pack and handle inventory to protect against damage and deterioration.
- Set up or tear down tables, chairs, décor and other furnishings according to detailed diagrams
- Light cleaning in preparation for janitorial team. Run dishwasher as needed.
- Requires heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs).
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Have interpersonal skills and cheerful attitude to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Must be at least 18 with no criminal history.
- At least 1 year experience in events, warehouse, furniture and/or general laborer.
Send your resume to Owner & Event Director Nancy (firstname.lastname@example.org) and you’ll be contacted if we’d like to plan an interview.